Many people want to open an account, but believe that they cannot, or are concerned about the process. Wise Money Israel makes the process easy, and the Israeli market makes the returns worth it. As of August 5, 2015, people holding an Israeli investment account since the year 2002 earned a 270% total return by investing in the Tel Aviv 25 stock index compared a 82% total return from the S&P 500 index (Wall Street). During the global recovery of 2009, investors earned an impressive 71% return investing in the Tel Aviv 25 index compared with 28% returned from the S&P 500. In 2013, the Tel Aviv 25 earned 15%, and earned 12% in 2014.
As of Oct 26, 2015, the Tel Aviv 25 has returned about 8% year-to-date (S&P 500: less than 1%). Solid Israeli bonds have returned 29% overall return in the past six years (Tel-Bond 60).
Things you should know
- You can open an investment account from anywhere in the world: traveling to Israel is not necessary.
- You do not have to be an Israeli citizen or resident, nor do you have to have an Israeli bank account. Of course, Israeli residents can open an investment account locally, but outside Israel you can open your account via mail.
- Your investment account is not opened with Wise Money Israel, rather with one of the largest Israeli brokerage firms, with over 160 billion shekels under management combined. These firms are strictly regulated by the Israeli Securities Authority.
- We recommend you use an Israeli stock brokerage as opposed to a bank so that you can avoid high fees and commissions. Many of our readers have chosen to work with one of Israel’s top brokerage firms.
Our aim at WMI is to help you accomplish your goals in investing in Israel and provide the assistance you need to open your account. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We have successfully assisted many of our readers with this process.
Five steps to open your Israeli brokerage account
- Sign up for the Opening Account Assistance Service.
- Utilize our website to fill in data about yourself (we’ll send you a link). Wise Money Israel will then pre-populate your Israeli brokerage forms for you and email them to you for signature
- Identify yourself to the brokerage with a copy of your photo ID(s)
- Mail the forms and photo ID to our offices or the brokerage firm (if in Israel, submit to brokerage personnel directly)
- Fund your account via a bank wire transfer directly into your brokerage account using the information provided with the forms. Israelis can fund with a personal Israeli check.
Follow WMI for tips, ideas and information on what avenues are available to you to invest your money in Israel. Also, consult with WMI’s Investment Advisor or your local financial advisor concerning your specific situation. If you have any questions, or you are debating if this is the right step for you, please let us know so that we can help. You can also read Should I Consider Investing in Israel? and What God Says About Investing in Israel for more assistance with making an informed decision.